1) Three bags A, B and C had 189 beads altogether. Some beads were transferred from Bag A to Bag B and the number of beads in Bag B became thrice of its original number. Then some beads were transferred from Bag B to Bag C and the number of beads in Bag C became thrice its original number. As a result, the number of beads in the 3 bags was equal. How many beads were there in Bag A at first?
Ans :- At first there were 133 beads in bag A.
2) The ratio of the number of Justin's stamps to the number of Sean's stamps is 3 : 5. When Justin gives 65 stamps to Sean, the ratio of the number of Justin's stamps to the number of Sean's stamps becomes
1 : 3 how many stamps did Sean have at first?
Ans :- At first Sean had 325 stamps.
3) At a party, the ratio of the number of boys to the number of girls is 3 : 4. If each boy is given 2 stickers while each girl is given 3 stickers, 1080 stickers are needed. How many boys are there at the party?
Ans :- 180 boys.
4) Mrs. Han baked 384 muffins in December. The ratio of the number of chocolate muffins to the number of butter muffins baked was 3 : 5. In January, the ratio of the number of chocolate muffins to the number of butter muffins baked was 7 : 4. If Mrs. Han baked the same number of butter muffins in both months, how many more chocolate muffins did she bake in January than in December?
Ans :- She baked 276 more chocolate muffins in January than in December.
5) The ratio of the number of beads John had to the number of beads Sally had was 3 : 7 at first.
After Sally had given some beads to John, Sally had 76 beads less than John.
The ratio John's number of beads to Sally's number of beads
became 3 : 2.
(a) How many beads did Sally give to John?
(b) What percentage of her beads did Sally give to John?
Ans :- a) 114
6) At Station A, the ratio of the number of children to the number of adults on a train was 4 : 5. At the next station, 12 children alighted and 10 adults boarded the train. The ratio of the number of children to the number of adults on the train then became 7 : 10. How many children were on the train at first?
Ans :- 152.
7) The ratio of the number of pencils Kathy has to the number of pencils Joseph has is 3 : 2. After Kathy gives away 30 pencils, this ratio becomes 2 : 3. How many pencils does Kathy have at first?
Ans :- 54.
8) A florist had 84 stalks of orchids and 4 times as many stalks of roses in her shop. After buying an equal number of orchids and roses, the ratio of the number of orchids to the number of roses became 5 : 9. How many stalks of orchids and roses did she buy altogether?
Ans :- 462.
9) The ratio of Muthu to Ivan's marbles was 9 : 5 at first. After Muthu bought another 92 marbles and Ivan bought another 12, Muthu had four times the number of Ivan's marbles. How many marbles did Muthu have in the end?
Ans :- 128.
10) Cindy has 650 hair bands, clips and ribbons altogether. The ratio of the number of hair bands to the number of clips is 7 : 5. If Cindy has 30 fewer ribbons than clips, how many hair bands does Cindy have?
Ans :- 280 .