1) The ratio of the number of fish burgers in Alex's kiosk to the number of chicken burgers was 7 : 6. After Alex sold 34 fish burgers, the ratio became 3 : 5.
(a) How many burgers did Alex have at first?
(b) Alex prepared another 20 fish burgers and at the same time, sold 50 chicken burgers. What was the new ratio of the number of fish burgers to the number of chicken burgers?
Ans :- a) At first alex had 130 burgers
b) 28 : 5.
2) Amanda and Belle had an equal amount of money each at first. When Amanda spent $148, and Belle spent $73, the ratio of the amount of money Amanda had left to the amount of money Belle had left became 5 : 8. How much money did they have altogether at first?
Ans :- At first altogether they had $546.
3) Mike has thrice as many apples as pears. After selling 36 apples and 4 pears, the ratio of the number of apples left to the ratio of the number of pears left was 3 : 5. How many apples and pears did he have at first?
Ans :- He had 56 apples and pears at first.
4) The number of boys and the numebr of girls in a hall were in the ratio of 1 : 5. After 10 boys and 4 girls entered the hall, the ratio became 1 : 3. How many more girls than boys were in the hall at first?
Ans :- 52.
5) Alan has four times as much money as Ben. After Alan spent $20, and Ben spent $2, the ratio of Alan's money to Ben's money became 3 : 1. How much did Alan have at first?
Ans :- At first Alan had $56.
6) Jenny had some pears and apples in the ratio of 3 : 4. She exchanged 6 pears for 12 apples. The ratio of the number of pears to apples became 3 : 8. How many pears did Jenny have at first?
Ans :- At first Jenny had 21 pears.
7) There were 4 times as many boys as girls in the hall. 20 boys and 15 girls entered the hall and the ratio of the number of boys to the number of girls became 3 : 1. How many boys were there in the hall at first?
Ans :- At first there were 100 boys in the hall.
8) A fruit seller had twice as many apples as oranges. After selling 60 apples and 8 oranges, the ratio of the number of apples to the number of oranges became 2 : 3. Find the total number of apples and oranges that the fruit seller had at first.
Ans :- 123.
9) At a class party, each student brought either 1 or 2 parents. If the ratio of the number of students to the number of parents
was 4 : 7, what fraction of the students brought 2 parents?
Ans :- 3⁄4.
10) Tomy and Lat each had the same number of marbles. After Tomy bought another 28 marbles and Lat gave away 12 marbles, the ratio of the number of Tomy's marbles to Lat's marbles became 7 : 3. How many marbles did Tomy have at first?
Ans :- 42.