1) In a school Art Club, the ratio of the number of boys to the number of girls was 3 : 2. After 2 boys and 3 girls joined the club, the ratio became 4 : 3. How many girls were there at first?
Ans :- At first there were 12 girls .
2) Jan and Kay had an equal number of sweets and equal number of chocolates. Jan ate 12 sweets and Kay ate 18 chocolates and then the ratio of the number of Jan's sweets to chocolates became 1 : 7 and the ratio of Kay's sweets to chocolates became 1 : 4. How many sweets did Jan have at first?
Ans :- AT first, Jan had 34 sweets.
3) Parallelogram V, Rhombus W and Triangle X are arranged such that they overlap at Y and Z. The area of V to W to X is 4 : 2 : 1. The area of Y to Z is 2 : 1. If the area of W is thrice that of Y, what is the ratio of the shaded part to the unshaded part?
Ans :- 1 : 5
4) The number of mangoes and the number of guavas at a fruit stall was in the ratio of 4 : 1. After another 104 mangoes and 64 guavas were added, the ratio became 3 : 1. How many fruits were there at first?
Ans :- At first there were 440 fruits..
5) Lacey had 642 more beads than Susan. After Susan had given Lacey 193 beads, Lacey had 3 times as many beads as Susan. How many beads had Lacey at first?
Ans :- At first Lacey had 1249 beads.
6)Peggy and John had $336 altogether. The ratio of the amount of money Peggy has to the amount of money John has is 6 : 1. When Peggy and John are given some more money, the ratio of the amount of money Peggy has to the amount of money John has is
3 : 1. Peggy receives twice as much money as John. How much money do they have altogether now?
Ans :- Altogether they have $768.
7) Allan has a 123-paged storybook while Peter has a 465-paged storybook. After they each read the same number of pages, the ratio of the number of unread pages in Allan's book to the number of unread pages in Peter's book is 1 : 10. Find the total number of pages that both the boys had read.
Ans :- Both boys had read total 170 pages.
8) Chelsea and Gabriel went shopping with a total of $1120. If Chelsea spent 0.25 of her money and Gabriel spent $320, the ratio of the amount of Chelsea has to the amount of money Gabriel has will be 1 : 4. What was the ratio of the amount of money Chelsea has to the amount of money Gabriel has?
Ans :- 5 : 23 .
9) On the school's first fund-raising campaign, Class A raised 4 times as much money as Class B.
On the second fund-raising campaign, Class A raised another $480 while Class B raised another $320.
Given that Class A raised thrice as much as Class B during the two campaigns, what was the total amount of money raised by the two classes?
Ans :- The total $3200 was raised by two classes.
10. The ratio of the number of brown rats to the number of grey rats was 6 : 13. After 28 grey rats were killed, the ratio became
2 : 3. How many grey rats were there at first?
Ans :- At first there were 91 grey rats.