1) The ratio of Amy's height to Betty's height is 1 : 2. The ratio of Betty's height to Carmen's height is 3 : 5. Betty is 144 cm taller than Amy. What is the average height of the three girls?
Ans :- Their average height is 304 cm.
2) The ratio of the number of $100 notes to $5 notes that Angel had was 7 : 4. She exchanged 12 pieces of $100 notes for some $5 notes. After which, the ratio of the number of $100 notes to $5 notes became 1 : 16. What was the amount of money Angel had ?
Ans :- Angel had $2880.
3) There were an equal number of red and white roses in a flower shop. After 46 red roses had been sold, three times as many white roses as red roses were left. How many roses were there in the shop at first?
Ans :- At first there were 138 roses in the shop.
4) Three boxes A, B and C contain 50 marbles each. Some marbles are moved from Box A to Box B and Box C so that the number of marbles in Box A, Box B and Box C are in the ratio of 2 : 3 : 5. How many marbles were moved to Box C ?
Ans :- 25 marbles were moved to Box C.
5) The ratio of the number of stickers Alex had to the number of stickers Beng had was 1 : 3. After each of them received 25 stickers, the ratio became 3 : 4. How many stickers did they have altogether at first?
Ans :- At first, they had 20 stickers.
6) Alina and Adeline had some stickers in the ratio of 3 : 5. When Alina bought 42 more stickers and Adeline bought 7 more stickers, the ratio became 6 : 7. Find the number of stickers that Alina had at first.
Ans :- At first alina had 84 stickers.
7) Andrew spent $2997 altogether on some basketballs and soccer balls. He bought twice as many basketballs as soccer balls. Each soccer ball cost $18 more than each basketball. He paid $351 more for the basketballs than the soccer balls. How many soccer balls did he buy?
Ans :- Andrew bought 27 soccer balls.
8) Ali and Leslie had some stamps in the ratio of 4 : 7. Leslie and Gavin had some stamps in the ratio of 3 : 1. They had a total of 400 stamps. How many more stamps did Ali have than Gavin?
Ans :- Ali have 50 more stamps than Gavin.
9) There were some kittens, puppies and lambs in an animal farm. The ratio of the number of kittens to the number of puppies is 3 : 2. The ratio of the number of kittens to the number of lambs is 2 : 3. If the kittens, puppies and lambs have a total of 1976 legs, how many more lambs than puppies were there?
Ans :- There were 130 more lambs than puppies.
10) The ratio of male members to female members in a swimming club is
8 : 5. There are 234 members that are foreigners and the rest are Singaporeans. The ratio of the number of foreigners to the number of Singaporeans is 6 : 5. If there are 80 female foreigners, what is the ratio of the number of female Singaporeans to the number of male Singaporeans?
Ans :- The ratio is 17 : 22