1) Lila and Sheela were given some beads. While making necklaces, if Lila uses four times as many beads as Sheela, Sheela will still have 732 beads when Lila has used all her beads. If Lila uses half as many beads as Sheela, Sheela will still have 221 beads when Lila has used all her beads.
a) How many more beads Sheela has?
b) Altogether how many beads they are given?
Ans :- a) 513 Beads, b) 1097 Beads
2) The ratio of the number of ducks to the number of chickens was 9:5. When 20 ducks and 22 chickens were added, and the birds were distributed into groups of 7. In each group there were 4 ducks. Find the number of birds at first.
Ans :- 56 Birds
3) In the box the ratio of the number of balls to the number of marbles was 3 : 7. If 75 more balls were added and 75 marbles were removed, the ratio will become 4 : 1.
How many balls were there at first?
Ans :- 45 Balls
4) At first, Edward had some $10 notes and $2 notes in the ratio of 3:8. After exchanging two $10 notes for $2 notes, the ratio of $10 notes to $2 notes became 1:3. Find the amount of money Edward had.
Ans :- Edward had $736
5) There are some red and blue pencils in a box. If 30 red pencils are taken out from the box, the total number of pencils left will be 8 times the number of red pencils left. If 50 blue pencils are taken out from the box, the total number of pencils left will be thrice that of the number of blue pencils left. How many pencils are there in the box?
Ans :- There are 110 pencils in the box.
6) There were 4 times as many boys as girls at a party at first. After 20 boys went home and 16 more girls joined in, there were 6 more boys than girls remaining at the party.
(a) How many boys were at the party initially?
(b) How many children attended the party?
Ans :- a) Initially there were 56 boys
b) 86 children attended party
7) Kelvin and Christine had a total of 540 story books. After Kelvin gave Christine 23 books, Kelvin had 5 times as many books as Christine.
(a) How many books did Christine have at first?
(b) How many more books did Kelvin have than Christine at first?
Ans :- a) At first Christine had 67 books.
b) 406 books.
8) A florist had a total of 272 roses and lilies in the ratio of 12 : 5. After selling away twice as many roses as lilies, the ratio of the number of roses to the number of lilies was then 5 : 2. How many roses did she sell?
Ans :- She sold 32 roses
9) Tanks X and Y are each filled with some water. If water from Tank Y is poured into Tank X until the water in Tank X reaches the brim, there will be 8 litres of water left in Tank Y.If water from Tank X is poured into Tank Y until the water in Tank Y reaches the brim, there will be 26 litres of water left in Tank X. The ratio of the volume of Tank X to the volume of Tank Y is 5 : 3. How many more litres of water are needed to fill both tanks to their brim?
Ans :- a) 19 ℓ
10) An equal number of girls and boys went to a party. The ratio of the number of girls who wore spectacles to the number of boys who wore spectacles was 11 : 3. The ratio of the number of girls who did not wear spectacles to the number of boys who did not wear spectacles was 3 : 5.
(a) Find the ratio of the number of boys who wore spectacles to the number of boys who did not wear spectacles.
(b) Threre were 7 times as many girls as boys who left the party. The ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys who remained at the party became 35 : 38. If there were 560 girls remaining at the party, how many girls left the party?
Ans :- a) 3 : 20
b) 56 girls left the party.