1) The ratio of the number of 20-cent coins to the number of 50-cent coins to the number of $1 coins in a bag is 2 : 6 : 7. Given that the total amount of money in the bag id $156, how many coins are there altogether?
Ans :- 225.
2) 3 classes of Primary Four pupils from Vision Primary School went to the zoo for an excursion. On average, each pupil spent $6.50 on souvenirs. There were 36 pupils in each class and 2⁄3 of them were boys. The boys spent a total of $518.40 on souvenirs. Find the average amount of money spent by each girl on souvenirs.
Ans :- $5.10.
3) Jaycee has some $2, $5 and $10 notes. The number of $2 notes is 25% of the total number of notes. The ratio of the $5 notes to the total number of $2 and $10 notes is 2 : 5. Given that there are 18 more $10 notes than $2 notes, how much money does Jaycee have in all?
Ans :- $552.
4) The ratio of Gareth's pocket money to Jin Bao's pocket money was 6 : 5. After Gareth received $20 from his father and Jin Bao spent $9, the ratio of Jin Bao's pocket money to Gareth's pocket money was
1 : 4. How much money did Gareth have at first?
Ans :- $24.
5) David bought 120 purple and green pencil cases. Each green pencil case cost $2.50 and each purple pencil case cost $1.75 each. If the total cost of the pencil cases was $246, how many green pencil cases did he buy?
Ans :- 48.
6) Melissa had $28.20 at first. She used that amount of money to buy 3 identical pencils and 5 similar books. If she had used that amount of money to buy 1 pencil and 2 books, she would have received $17 change.
(a) What is the cost of 1 pencil?
(b) What is the maximum number of books she can buy with $40?
Ans :- a) $0.40
b) She can buy 7 books .
7) 6⁄7 kg of prawns and 2 kg of minced meat cost $52. 1⁄3 kg of prawns and 1 kg of minced meat cost $24. Find the cost of 1 kg of prawns.
Ans :- $21 .
8) Minah paid $2 more for a chocolate cookie than a strawberry cookie. She paid $17 for 4 chocolate cookies and 2 strawberry cookies. How much did she pay for a strawberry cookie?
Ans :- $1.50.
9) Alan and Dave spent a total of $462. Dave and Martin spent $288 altogether. Alan spent thrice as much as Martin. How much did Dave spend?
Ans :- $201.
10) 2 pens and 3 files cost $12.55. 3 pens and 2 files cost $10.95. How much do 1 pen and 1 file cost altogether? Express your answer to the nearest dollar.
Ans :- $5.