1) The chart shows the number of cans of various drinks sold by Mr Liu on a Sunday. If the quantity of Coke sold was 20% more than Pepsi, find the answers to the following 2 questions:
(a) What fraction of the drinks sold was coke?
(b) How many more cans of Coke than 7-up were sold?
Ans :- a) 1⁄3
2) The line graph below shows the number of cars sold in a showroom from January to June.
(a) In how many months was the sales less than 450 cars?
(b) What percentage of the total number of cars sold was the number of cars sold in Jan and Feb? Round off the answer to 2 decimal places.
Ans :- a) In 4 months
b) 30.31% .
3) The pie chart below shows the proportion of coloured beads in a box. Study the pie chart and answer questions (a) and (b) below.
(a) What fraction of the total number of beads are green and yellow in colour?
(b) If there are 72 red beads, what is the ratio of the number of blue beads to the number of yellow beads?
Ans :- a) 4⁄5
b) 16 : 55.
4) 56 000 spectators watched the final match of the World Cup. The pie chart below shows the breakdown of the viewers.
a) What percentage of the viewers were women?
b) How many more men than girls watched the game?
Ans :- a) 17.5%
b) 9800 .
5) The line graph shows the number of members a library had each year from 1994 to 1998.
(a) How many members did the library have in 1997?
(b) From 1994 to 1998, what was the percentage increase in the number of members?
Ans :- a) 1150
b) 200% .
6) The bar graph shows the number of children per family in a housing estate.
(a) What is the total number of families in the housing estate?
(b) What percentage of families in the estate have fewer than 3 children?
Ans :- a) 25
b) 80% .