1. Terry had some stamps. He gave Jenny 1⁄3 of the stamps plus 10 stamps. He gave Peter half the remainder plus 5 stamps. If Terry was left with 50 stamps, How many stamps did he have at first?
Ans :- At first they had 180 stamps.
2. Fanny had some books. She gave Grace 1⁄3 of the books plus 6 more. She gave Heidi 1⁄3 of the remaining books plus 4 more. If Fanny finally had half as many books as Heidi, how many books did Grace receive?
Ans :- Grace received 15 books.
3. There are 26 cars in Car Park A. There are 24 times as many cars in Car Park B. 6⁄13 of the cars in Car Park B are Japanese and 1⁄3 of these Japanese cars are Toyotas. If there are 8 Toyotas in Car Park A, find the total number of Toyotas in the two car parks.
Ans :- Total 104 toyotas in the two car parks.
4. There are 100 children. 3⁄5 of the boys and 1⁄3 of the girls wear glasses. If 40 children wear glasses altogether, how many boys do not wear glasses?
Ans :- 10 boys do not wear glasses.
5. At a party, some gifts were prepared for the guests. 4⁄5 of the gifts were for the adults and the rest were for the children. 92 children were at the party and they took away 4⁄5 of the gifts prepared for them. If each guest was given 1 gift, how many gifts were prepared?
Ans :- 575.
6. 10. A shirt cost 4⁄5 as much as a dress. 1⁄7 of Sally's money could buy a shirt. Sally bought 3 shirts and 2 dresses. What fraction of her money was Sally left with?
Ans :- Sally left with 3⁄14 of her money .
7. Cheryl spent 2⁄7 of her money on 4 books and 8 pencils. She then spent the remaining amount on 6 books, 12 pencils and 4 files. How many files can she buy with 6⁄7 of her money?
Ans :- She can buy 12 files.
8. Wei Ling has same dollar notes in her wallet. 3⁄7 of them are $10 notes.
2⁄3 of the remainder are $5 notes and the rest are $1 notes. If she has 12-$1notes, how much money does Wei Ling have in her wallet?
Ans :- Wei Ling has $402 in her wallet
9. A bag contains some red balls and blue balls. If we remove 1 red ball from the bag, then 1⁄7 of remaining balls are red. If, instead of 1 red ball, we remove 2 blue balls from the bag, then 1⁄5 of the remaining balls in the bag are red. How many balls are there in the bag at first?
Ans :- There are 22 balls in the bags at first.
10. Four persons Anne, Beth, Cindy and Don shared a sum of $60. Anne received ½ of the total amount received by Beth, Cindy and Don. Beth received 2⁄3 of the total amount of money received by Cindy and Don. Cindy received 3 times as much as Don.
A) How much money did Anne received?
B) How much more money did Beth receive than Don?
Ans :- a) Anne received $20
b) Beth recieved $10 more than Don.