1) Mrs Tan had 4⁄7 of her pencils left after selling 567 of them at $0.70 each. She sold 2⁄3 of the remainder at $0.30 each. How much did she receive from the sales of the pencils?
Ans :- Mrs Tan received $548.10.
2) Adrian and John saved $880 altogether. ¼ of Adrian's savings is $40 more than 1⁄5 of John's savings. What is John's savings?
Ans :- John's saving is $400
3) After saving for a month, 1⁄5 of Heidi's savings was equal to 3⁄7 of Joseph's savings. After Heidi spent $356 and Joseph saved an additional $428, they had an equal amount of money in their savings. How much did Heidi and Joseph save altogether in the end?
Ans :- Altogether they saved $2228 in the end.
4) John's age is 1⁄8 of his father's age now. His father will be 36 years old in 4 year's time. How old will John be when he is 3⁄5 of his father's age?
Ans :- John would be 42 years old.
5) Mrs Ahmad has 7⁄9 kg of salt. She repacks them into packets of 1⁄8 kg each.
(a) How many such packets of salt does she get?
(b) What is the mass of the leftover salt?
Ans :- a) ≈ 6 packets
b) The mass of left over salt 1⁄36 kg
6) There were some pupils in a hall. Then ¼ of the boys and 1⁄6 of the girls left the hall. If 120 pupils left the hall and 5⁄6 of them were boys, how many pupils were there in the hall at first?
Ans :- At first there were 570 pupils in the hall.
7) There were 303 pupils in a hall. 2⁄9 of the girls and 1⁄3 of the boys wore their school T-shirt. If there were 79 pupils who wore their school T-shirts, how many boys wore their school T-shirt in the hall?
Ans :- 35 boys wore their school T-shirt.
8) Mr Goh spent $900 of his salary on a camera and ¼ of his remaining money on a DVD player. If he had $1200 of his salary left, how much was his salary?
Ans :- His salary was $2500
9) 3⁄4 of Gina's money is equal to 2⁄5 of Henry's money. If Henry gives Gina $42, they each will have the same amount of money.
(a) Express Gina's money as a fraction of Henry's money.
(b) How much do they have altogether?
Ans :- a) 8⁄15
b) Altogether they had $276
10) Jon invited 20 more girls than boys to his party. 3⁄4 of the girls and 2⁄3 of the boys turned up for the party and 26 children did not turn up. How many children did Jon invite to the party?
Ans :- Jon invited 92 children