1) The figure below, not drawn to scale, is made up of a semi-circle and a rectangle. M is the mid-point of AB. AC and BD are straight lines. Find the area of the shaded part. (Take = 22⁄7 )
Ans :- 4371⁄7 cm².
2) The figure is not drawn to scale. AK = BC = CF = EF = DH =7 cm.
BCJK and EFGH are identical squares. ABK, AFJ, DEH and CDG are quarter circles. Find the total area of the shaded figure.
(Take π = 22⁄7 .)
Ans :- 133 cm².
3) The figure below is made up of 1 large circle, 1 triangle and two small identical circles. The length of XY is 56 cm and the diameter of the large circle is 40 cm. Find the area of the shaded part. Round off your answer to 1 decimal place.
Ans :- 1368.1 cm².
4) The figure is made up of a big square and 3 identical smaller squares. Find the shaded area.
Ans :- (256 - 18p) cm².
5) The figure below shows 3 different rectangles, X, Y and Z.3⁄10 of X and 40% of Z is shaded. The shaded area of X is the same as the shaded area of Z. What fraction of the figure is unshaded if 60% of Y is shaded?
Ans :- 31⁄43.
6) The figure below, shows a rectangle, a semicircle and a quadrant. Find the perimeter of the shaded parts.
(Take π = 3.14)
Ans :- 65.1 cm.
7) The figure below is made up of a big semicircle and 2 smaller identical circles. Find the perimeter of the shaded parts.
(Take π = 22⁄7 )
Ans :- 174 cm.
8) The figure below shows a circle with centre O and radius 28 cm. Two semicircles and two quarter circles are drawn within the circle. Find the perimeter of the shaded parts. (Take π = 22⁄7 )
Ans :- 352 cm.
9) The figure below shows a cross-shaped solid obtained by cutting four identical cuboids from a rectangular wooden cube of side 24 cm. Each cuboid that was being cut off has a square base area 64 cm².
(a) What was the volume of the solid shown?
(b) What was the total surface area of this solid?
Ans :- a) 7680 cm³
b) 2944 cm² .
10) The figure below shows a square with a circle and a quadrant inside it. Find the shaded area. Express your answer to the nearest 1 decimal place.
(Take π = 3.14)
Ans :- 401.0cm².