1. The ratio of the sides of a right-angled triangle is 5 : 4 : 3. If its perimeter is 24 cm, find its area.
Ans :- Its area is 24 cm².
2. A grass patch is made up of a rectangle and a circle. O is the centre of the circle with a diameter of 15 m. Find the perimeter of the grass patch. Take π = 22⁄7. (Give your answer correct to 2 decimal places.)
Ans :- The perimeter of grass patch is 85.36 cm.
3. In the figure below, not drawn to scale, the area is enclosed by 4 quadrant arcs of a circle of radius 18 cm. Find the area of the figure. (Take π = 3.14)
Ans :- The area of Figure is 648 cm².
4. The figure PQRS is made up of 4 squares A, B, C and D. Squares B, C and D are of equal size.
(a) What fraction of the figure PQRS is Square C?
(b) If the side of Square B is 8 cm, find the area of Square A.
Ans :- a) 1⁄12
b) The area of Square A is 576 cm².
5. The figure below, not drawn to scale, shows 3 different squares and a quadrant. Find the perimeter of the figure. (Take π = 22⁄7)
Ans :- 64 cm .
6. The figure below, not drawn to scale, shows 3 squares. Find the area of the shaded part.
Ans :- Area of the shaded part is 48.5 cm².
7. The figure below, not drawn to scale, is made up of 1 circle, 2 semicircles and 1 right-angled triangle. AC is the diameter of the circle. Taking π = 3.14,
(a) Find the total area of the 2 shaded parts.
(b) Find the total perimeter of the 2 shaded parts.
Ans :- a) The total area of two shaded part is 24 cm²
b) The total perimeter of two shaded part is 37.68 cm.
8. The figure below, not drawn to scale, shows triangle ABC with an area of 144 cm². The length of AD is twice that of BD. E and F are midpoints of BF and AC respectively. Find the shaded area of the figure.
Ans :- The area of shaded part is 60 cm².
9. The total length of the edges of the cube below is 276 cm. Find the area of the shaded surface.
Ans :- The area of shaded surface is 529 cm².
10. The figure below is not drawn to scale. The ratio of the area of the area of triangle FCE to that of triangle ABE is 2 : 5. The ratio of the shaded area to the unshaded area is 3 : 7. If the area of triangle FCE is 68 cm², find the shaded area.
Ans :- The shaded area is 51 cm².