1) WXYZ is a parallelogram.
(a) What fraction of the area is shaded?
(b) If the area of the figure is 256 cm², what is the area of the shaded part?
Ans :- a) ½ the area is shaded.
b) The area of shaded part is 128 cm²
2) The figure is made up of 2 identical quadrants. Find the perimeter of the figure below.(Take π = 22⁄7)
Ans :- The perimeter of figure is 200 cm
3) James folded a rectangular strip of paper to form the shape shown below. What was the area of the rectangular strip of paper before it was folded?
Ans :- 76 cm²
4) The figure below shows four identical circles arranged in a big circle of diameter 28 cm. Find the area of the shaded part.
(Take π = 22⁄7)
Ans :- Area of shaded part is 112 cm²
5) In the diagram below (not drawn to scale), PQS is a quadrant with a radius of 48 cm. PT = TR and PR = RS. Sector TUS is 1⁄8 of the circle with radius TS. Find the area of the unshaded part. Give your answer correct to 2 decimal places.
Ans :- The area of unshaded part is 1527.43 cm²
6) The figure below is made up of 3 identical squares of sides 10 cm, overlapping each other. 4.5% of A is shaded. WXYZ is a square. Find the total area of the shaded part.
Ans :- The total area of shaded part is 50 cm²
7) The figure below is made up of 2 identical squares and 4 identical rectangles. What is the area of the figure?
Ans :- Area of the figure is 2754 cm²
8) The shaded figure below is formed by semi-circles, quadrants and straight lines of 15 cm each. For each of the following, use the calculator value of π to find
(a) the perimeter of the shaded figure, correct to 2 decimal places.
(b) the area of the shaded figure, correct to 2 decimal places.
Ans :- a) The perimeter of the shaded figure is 124.25 cm
b) Area of shaded figure is 369.86 cm²
9) The figure below is drawn on square grids.
(a) Find the area of the shaded figure. Round off your answer to 2 decimal places.
(b) Find the perimeter of the shaded figure. Leave your answers in terms of π.
Ans :- a) The area of shaded figure is 10.57 cm²
b) The perimeter of shaded figure is (10 + 4π) cm
10) The area of a triangle with a base of 10 cm is the same as the area of a circle with radius 5 cm. Find the height of the triangle. Leave your answer in terms of π.
Ans :- Height of triangle is 5π